Basil (Tulsi) is a culinary herb of the mint family and is native to tropical regions from Central Africa to Southeast Asia. It is a tender plant with strong pungent & sweet leaves and is used in cuisines worldwide. Although widely used in cooking, Basil is equally popular for its health benefits:
- Contains Powerful Antioxidants & Flavonoids that Protect White Blood Cells
- An Anti – Inflammatory Herb to maintain optimal health
- Helps Fight Cancer through Phytochemicals
- Contains Natural Antibacterial properties that Boosts Immune System
- A Natural Adaptogen that helps deal with Stress
Directions for Preparation of Basil & Tea:
- Boil water for required number of cups.
- Add Basil & Tea into hot water @ half or one teaspoonful per serving, as per desired strength. Let it boil for 30-45 seconds.
- Turn off the heat
- Let the brew steep for 4 minutes under cover
- Pour out through strainer into cup/s & add sugar/honey/sweetener to taste or enjoy plain