100% Natural Organic Smoke Dried Green Tea is a tribute to the founding fathers of the Indian tea industry.
In the misty slopes of Arunachal Pradesh, small quantities of fine green leaves with adequate pubescence are plucked. Pubescence in the leaf ensures that during rolling, the juices generated from inside the leaf are properly mixed with the outside of the leaf, resulting in a more flavoury cup.
After the plucked green leaves are brought to the factory, they are steamed to ensure that all enzymic activity in the leaf is stopped. This is essential to keep the liquor of the eventual Made Tea – green.
The teas are rolled in miniature rollers to give the tea its attractive make. Thereon, its smoke-dried using a wood-fire which gives this tea its distinctive smoky taste.
This smoky taste is a reminder of the early days of the Indian tea industry, when there was no fossil fuel or Natural Gas to fire the teas.
The tea is packed in an air-tight jar to preserve the tea’s freshness and flavor.
Note: Since tea is hygroscopic – ensure that it is always stored in an air-tight container. If left in the open, it will attract moisture and other smells in the air – which will spoil the tea.
Directions for use :
- Rinse teapot with warm water.
- Boil water separately in a kettle for the required number of cups.
- Once the water is about to boil, don’t heat further. It will adversely effect the taste of your cup of tea. (Ideal temperature is 75’C/167’F)
- Put one level teaspoon for tea into teapot for every cup of tea required. Add an extra teaspoon for the pot.
- Cover the teapot and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea liquor into a cup through a strainer.
- Savor the flavor !
The tea leaves can be used again for 2 more rounds of tea! It’s said that the second round is the best. Try it!