100% CTC Blend: We have blended certain premium grades of our CTC teas to offer you a signature tea blend which truly symbolizes Assam tea- Rich and strong.
In 1930-31, William McKercher invented the CTC (Cut-Tear-Curl) method of Tea manufacture. Prior to 1930, all tea produced were of the Orthodox style of manufacture.
After the plucked leaves have been withered to about 70% moisture content, the leaves are passed through 3 sets of rollers with thousands of serrated teeth.
Since the eventual Made Tea is small and granular, unlike the wiry orthodox leaf, there is much more surface area for the boiled water to extract the liquor from. As a result, CTC teas make for a strong, gutty cup. Without milk it will be wine coloured. With milk, it turns to golden yellow.
Directions for use:
- Boil water for the required number of cups.
- Once the water has reached a boil, don’t boil further. It will adversely effect the taste of your tea.
- If you prefer your tea with milk, add 1 tea spoon for one cup of tea. Half a tea spoon, if it’s to be had black.
- Cover the pot and let it brew for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the tea liquor into a cup through a strainer.
- Add required amount warm milk and/or sugar to taste.
- Taste the difference!